Would you like to finally stop your cat from sleeping on your dining room table, walking across your kitchen counters, or urinating in the wrong locations? Get a CatScram electronic cat repellent!
Easy to Use
The CatScram cat repellent is easy to use. Just turn it on and place it so it faces the area you want to be cat free. CatScram watches around the clock so you don’t have to. When the CatScram electronic cat repellent detects motion, it emits a high-pitched electronic squeal that frightens cats away quickly. Just think! No more yakballs on your floor or cat urine marking the expensive couch. And unlike many sonic cat repellent devices, the CatScram cat repellent is completely inaudible to humans and most dogs!
How it works
The CatScram utilizes a passive infrared motion detector to sense when the cat nears the protected area. The unit then emits a series of strong (but harmless) pulsating ultrasonic waves. These ultrasonic waves are loud and frightening, so cats avoid the guarded area altogether. And because it uses sound waves to create an exclusion zone, no bulky self-correcting collar needs to be worn by the cat.
Range and Affected Area
Catscram cat repellent guards a six-foot range when placed on the floor or other flat surface, and up to a 15-foot range or more when elevated or tilted off a flat surface. It’s beam covers a 170° arc, roughly the same as you what you can see from left to right without moving your head. The beam does not bend around corners or penetrate fabrics, allowing you to place the unit on a kitchen counter or couch, without restricting your cats access to the floor below.
Uses for the CatScram
The unit is designed to keep cats away from designated areas for the protection of your belongings, and for the safety of your cat. Common locations customers place a CatScram cat repellent are:
- In a baby’s room
- On the kitchen countertop
- Near poisonous plants, hot stovetops, balconies and dangerous machinery.
- On the couch, coffee table, or dining room table
- Under the Christmas tree
- behind the sofa or other hidden places cats like to pee
Catscram Users ManualCatScram cat repellent emits a series of pulsating ultrasonic sound waves for four seconds each time movement is detected and the LED flashes four times simultaneously. The CatScram uses a passive infrared motion sensor to detect when the cat nears the 90 degree protected area. The result-your cat becomes irritated by the sound, and moves out of the protected area. . . and off your furniture, kitchen counter tops, or whatever!
CatScram cat repellent uses a 9-volt, alkaline battery (not included) or a 9-volt, AC/DC adapter which can be purchased inexpensively in our online store. Adapter must be center positive (+). If the unit is to be used in one place, using the adapter (rather than buying batteries) can be very economical.
Hearing Impaired Cats:
White cats, by nature are hard of hearing and may not respond to this device. Some older, exotic breads, and Maine Coons may also not respond. Note: See return Information (below) for additional information.
- Passive infrared motion detector with an ultrasonic speaker - inaudible to humans
- Protects property: Keeps cats off countertops, table tops, furniture, and drapes and out of specific areas or rooms
- Protects pets: Keeps cats off balconies and away from poisonous plants, hot stovetops and dangerous machinery
- Allows use of a pet door for your dog while keeping your cat inside
- Portable: CatScram cat repellent can use a 9-volt alkaline battery or a 9-volt AC adapter for operation
- Uses minimal power and indicates when the battery is low
- Shows when motion is detected via blinking LED
- CatScram cat repellent guards a 6-foot range on the floor or flat surfaces and up to a 15-foot range or more when elevated or tilted.
The CatScram uses very little power and has an LED to indicate when the 9-volt battery is low. However, The unit can consume batteries quickly if activated frequently. Frequent activation is most common in high traffic areas like kitchens and bedrooms. If you intend to place the CatScram in a high traffic area we recommend you purchase an AC Adapter is not to power the unit.
CatScram LED Indicators:
- Warm-Up Indicator: When switched on, the CatScram cat repellent warms up for 40 seconds. During this time, the LED flashes once per 1.4 seconds for the first 32 seconds and increases to 4 flashes per 1.4 seconds during the last 8 seconds.
- Triggering Indicator: After it is warmed up, the CatScram cat repellent goes to work. The unit emits a series of pulsating ultrasonic waves for 4 seconds each time movement is detected and the LED flashes 4 time simultaneously.
- Low Battery Indicator: During the 40-second, warm-up period, if "Low Battery" occurs, the battery voltage is 7 volts or less. The LED will continue 8 flashes and the unit will shut down. Replace the battery immediately.
- Standby Current Drain: 60 micro-amp typical
- Ultrasonic Output: 118 DB typical
- PIR Protection Coverage: 6 feet on floor or flat surfaces, up to 15 feet or more if elevated or tilted
- PowerHouse Products warrants the CatScram cat repellent to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 90 days. If your CatScram cat repellent is found to be defective within that time, PowerHouse Products will repair or replace your CatScram.
- If you find the CatScram cat repellent to be ineffective on your pet, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund (less shipping charges). In order to qualify for a refund, we must receive the unit in re-saleable condition within 30 days.